This delicious cucumber salad (compliments of my friend, Sharon) is packed with lots of healthy veggies and adds a protein punch with chickpeas! Ready to serve in less than 30 minutes, it’s easy to make and is absolutely amazing! Pair it with sliced Italian or French bread and a glass of wine for dinner or enjoy it alone as a light lunch.
For the Salad:
- 2 large seedless, English cucumbers, diced (do not peel)
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, cleaned and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cleaned and dices
- 1 15 oz. can garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 c. sugar snap peas, diced
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 c. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. sugar (or other sweetener alternative)
In a mixing bowl, combine the diced vegetables and the chick peas.
Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing and pour over the combined vegetables.
Most people consider cucumbers to be a vegetable but they are actually a fruit, like pumpkins and watermelons. They can be sliced and eaten alone with little salt on them, or cut into sticks and served on a veggie tray with a some Ranch dressing or hummus (my favorite!).
This cucumber salad recipe comes from my friend, Sharon, who is very conscious about eating healthy and incorporating veggies into every meal.